Friday, January 9

2015

Happy New Year.
I hope you had a nice time. Are you ready for a whole new year?!
I personally feel weird about it. I usually love starting fresh and planning my goals, thinking of everything that could happen in a year... But this year, I'm less excited. Maybe it's because I was sick around New Year's Eve or that I have a lot of work to finish for the beginning of this year, but I'm not feeling that usual energy. Anyway, I am a very positive person by nature so I know the feeling will come. But, I still have thought about what I want to achieve this year. Here are my resolutions and goals:
- Get better at drawing. I have been drawing a lot since November and making progress and it's super motivating. I also got a bunch of pencils for Christmas (F, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B and graphite) so I'm excited.
- Get a vague idea of what I want to do. I still have one year and a half until I graduate from high-school so I do want to find out what I want and learn not to be afraid of admitting it. I am currently doing the scientific option (the other options are literature+languages and economics) because I like maths but I can only imagine myself doing an artistic job so it can be a bit scary.
- Style-wise, I'm pretty happy with myself. I might try to experiment with more of an edgy side. (I'm more of a pastel floral kind of gal). BTW, I was thinking of maybe trying some style posts?? Tell me what you think.
- Keep blogging. I think my blog is around 1 year old now which is exciting! I want to try and be more regular with my posting but I will have a lot of work and exams so I won't make any promises. So, like I said, I might try and do some style posts and maybe a regular feature of links to posts from other bloggers that I liked or DIYs I want to try.
- It's always been a dream of mine to get the splits. I used to be quite flexible because I did gymnastics from ages 6 to 12 but I stopped so I lost it all. I have started yoga with youtube videos during the summer but I want to try and stretch every day until I'm Elastigirl!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great resolutions. They're really specific and realistic. Excited for your drawings. Also style wise, I think it depends if you're ready to go ahead to share them, new ideas to a blog will make the blog look really fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the liebster award! I hope you can do it ☺

    http://elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I read and appreciate each and every comment.